Air India opens international bookings for select destinations to travel between May 8 to 14. Those who meet the eligibility criteria can avail this opportunity to travel to Singapore, London and specific parts of the US.
Air India on May 6 tweeted the information and also requested only those who conform to the annexed set of guidelines to proceed with bookings.
In this mission set to operate from May 8 to 14, Air India plans on facilitating people stuck in quarantine to reach their home — from India to the selected destinations and vice versa. The flights will be operated only from Delhi and Mumbai and the destinations available for booking are San Francisco, Chicago, Washington, London and Singapore.
Who is eligible?
- Citizens of the destination they are travelling to
- Indians and other nationals with a visa (of the destination) valid up to one year
- Green card and OCI card holders
- Healthcare workers with a valid permit for travelling to the destination along with a written document from the destination embassy
- Each and every traveller must concur with the health and travel regulations of the destination country
Air India says strict protocols are in effect for testing crew members for COVID-19 symptoms and only those who pass will operate the flights. However, Air India has released a set of circumstances for which the passenger would completely take responsibility and are accountable —
- The entire flight fare and the quarantine charges upon reaching will be borne by the traveller
- The traveller takes complete responsibility for checking for compliance with the visa and travel regulations of the destination country
- The traveller will be subject to thermal screening before boarding mandatorily and only those who are asymptomatic will be allowed to board the flight
- Any cost that results from unfortunate deportation will be borne by the traveller
Travellers who wish to book can proceed in the Air India booking website or call 1860-233-1407 / 0124-264-1407 for more assistance.