Jaipur, popularly known as the “Pink City” is a very familiar place to many of the tourists around India. Also, This city hoards many of the famously brilliant architectural structures. One such architectural pinnacle is the Amer fort. The most iconic building of the pink city is one of the most visited buildings in Rajasthan itself. You visit Rajasthan, you can’t miss visiting some of the best forts there and in Jaipur, it is always the Amer Fort. It also has another name, Amber fort. The main source of water for the fort was the Maota Lake, on which the fort overlooks. Built on top of the Cheel ka Teela is the Ambikeshwar Temple, which is the shrine of Goddess Amba. So the locals say that the name has been derived from the temple. So let us have a closer look at this magnificent fort in Jaipur.
Also read: Neemrana Fort Palace: Ultimate Guide 2020
With a rich history backing a magnificent architectural monument like the Amer for, it surely has its own interesting facts to dig into. So here are some of the interesting facts about one of the ancient places in Rajasthan, Amber fort.
- One very unique fact about this historic architectural monument is that it took over 100 years to build this masterpiece of work and to say, it was worth it.
- In Maota lake there is a Shiva linga present. According to the local folklore, the day the linga gets submerged in the lake is the last day for Amber.
- The hall of mirrors that is there in the Sheesh Mahal is a wonderful attraction to visit. One mind-boggling fact is that it can be just illuminated with a single candle.
- There are 4 sections that you can see in this magnificent architecture and each has its own entrance.
- There is a tunnel that connects the Amber fort with the Jaigarh fort. Explore this place for its exciting facts.
This is a vast and majestic structure. Explore this place for a whole day and still, you will feel incomplete. But if you want to just visit the major portions of this marvel, then it will take you about 3-4 hours to get to all the important zones of the Fort. The fort, as it is a very major attraction, it is open on all days and the timings that the fort is open are 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Do not miss out on the special light show from 7:30 PM to 8:30 PM. This Light show will be of 30 minutes duration about the history of the fort. There are two slots of which the 7:30 PM slot will be in English and the next one at 8:00 PM will be in Hindi.
For a magnificent structure like this, we can pay even a lot to make a visit. But this convenient for everyone with its cheap entry rates. Rates are as follows.
Indian Nationals: 25 INR
Students: 10 INR
Foreign nationals: 200 INR
There is the elephant ride that happens in the Amber Fort and the rate for 2 persons to take the tide is 900 INR.
This is all you need to know about the Amer fort. Hope you are well informed as to how important this monument is to Indian history and culture. Add this attraction as a part of your itinerary to your Rajasthan holiday tours. Check the Pickyourtrail website to know more about travel and interesting domestic travel trips.