Miss travelling overseas? That’s quite common with everyone nowadays. None of us expected that travel would be stopped for these many days, with almost 3 months now. Though the operation of international flights hasn’t restarted in India, there seems to be a hope. In a few days, you would be able to see travellers flying to different destinations. To know more about the updates on international flights operation, keep reading.
Updates on international flights operation
India is now planning to restart international travel with the US, the UK, France and Germany, which are open to receiving international flights. It is only Vande Bharat Mission flights that have been operating now in India. After receiving objections from the US and France on allowing international flights from India, UAE has also come up with such objection. The government of the UAE also added saying that proper approval has to be sought from the UAE embassy in Delhi. After this, India went on the procedure of resuming the Vande Bharat Mission flights to UAE with the embassy as there has been a huge demand for this route.
Also Read: Dubai Opens For Tourists from July 7
Countries restarting international travel
Below are the updates on international flights operation in some of the major places:
- Dubai has started the operation of its flights to a few airports all over the world. It includes London Heathrow, Frankfurt, Paris, Milan, Madrid, Chicago, Toronto, Sydney and Melbourne. One more update is that Dubai has also suspended flights from Pakistan.
- Air Canada seems to have resumed flights to the US with six other destinations which include New York-LaGuardia, Washington-Dulles, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston and Chicago.
- Malaysia Airlines resumes limited flight operations for domestic and also expected to start international services in July.
- Etihad Airways will also be resuming its operation to 40 destinations starting from July.
- India’s airlines including Air India, IndiGo, SpiceJet are operating only under the Vande Bharat Mission.
- Delta Airlines made a statement that it would be the first airline to resume operations between China and the US.
Also Read: Waiting to Fly Internationally?
Update on the Guidelines
Very recently, the Ministry of Civil Aviation said that the international flights to selected countries might start to operate in July. So it is expected that the guidelines for the same will be announced probably by the end of June. In the initial phase of international flights operation, it will be New Delhi-New York and Mumbai-New York routes. There are high chances that their operations would extend to the Gulf and other neighbouring countries soon. Hardeep Singh Puri, the Civil Aviation Minister further added that the decision on resumption would be taken depending on how predictable the corona situation is.
Because India is not accepting any other airline into its airspace, several countries started to think that it is India’s monopolisation. Since the other countries are not making any money by accepting flights from India, many other countries are planning to ban the Vande Bharat Mission flights. The only flight that was allowed to fly internationally was Air India which helped the stranded people reach their destination from India to the US and vice-versa.
International flights to start operations
Find below the SOP regarding the resumption of international flights in India:
- Though travel might resume in a few days, it will not be like the pre-COVID-19 era.
- Before starting the international flights, there will proper agreement between both the countries.
- Moreover, the first four countries to get clearance to fly to and fro India would be the US, the UK, Germany and France.
Unlock 2.0 is turning out to be something positive. Doesn’t it? The 3 months of intensive lockdown and strictly-no-travel times indeed are increasing the urge to travel once it resumes. While there are a few updates on travel restrictions easing at some countries, it’s time to start planning a trip. You can check out some cool International holiday packages on the website of Pickyourtrail based on the destination you would like to travel. Unlock safe travel and unwrap the world with Pickyourtrail!