If golden sands, turquoise waters, lush forests and ancient architecture are your obsessions, your compass will surely point towards Sri Lanka. Explore the exclusive Sri Lanka Tour packages curated by Pickyourtrail because NOW is the best time to venture out this beautiful country. Sri Lanka, sitting in the Indian Ocean is a graceful island with an intriguing culture and awe-inspiring sights. Get ready to stroll around the windswept beaches, explore the ancient Buddhist temples and hike through dense rainforests. Take up an elephant safari while exploring the vast landscapes of Srilanka. Choose the right package and take in most of Sri Lanka's gems- Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, Colombo and Bentota. Right from the very first "ayubowan" you hear in the airport till the last "Bohoma Istouti", you will surely feel like being at another home.
Popular tour packages to Sri Lanka
Srilanka Packages Highlights
- Explore the UNESCO declared World Heritage sites of Kandy
- Meet the long-nosed buddies at Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage. You can also feed the gentle giants here
- Experience the Sri Lankan legacy at Temple of tooth Relic, also known to the Sri Lankans as Dalada Maligawa
- Lose your heart and eyes to the sparkling sapphires and rubies at Gem Museum
- Get to know about the working tea factory at Nuwara Eliya
- Get the blessings of Seetha goddess at Seetha Eliya temple
- Admire the beauty of Haggala Gardens amidst lush greeneries and lotus floating lakes
- Explore the second largest national park in Srilanka, the Yala National Park
- Sink in the golden sands, dive deep into the turquoise ocean and catch some sunshine at the relaxing beaches of Bentota
- Enjoy a boating ride at the Madhu river
- Visit the Turtle Hatchery for a unique and unforgettable experience. You can feed the baby turtles and leave them in the sea once hatched
- Make way to the most popular Viharamahadevi Park in Colombo and spend a peaceful day in the serene atmosphere
- Head to the spectacular Independence square as well as Galle Face in the busy city
More activities to include to your Srilanka Packages
- Nightlife: You can add more spice to your Srilanka trip by visiting the relaxing cocktail lounges, modern international restaurants, reverberating pubs, tapas bars and sports bars with snooker tables. Also, head to the popular karaoke bars, nightclubs showcasing exclusive live musical shows, and pulsating discos. The choice is truly enormous!
- Ayurveda: Its time to treat your body and mind right. With the pink frangipani flowers floating in terracotta bowls, their sweet fragrance a counterpoint to the earthy herbal notes of the oil being gently massaged into your feet and body will bring heaven closer.
- Shopping: Shopping in Sri Lanka starts in small scale from haggling with a handicraft-seller while sunbathing on the beach and choosing fruit from the traditional village store. Also, it goes to the higher end to purchasing the latest international fashions while enjoying the ambience of a luxurious shopping centre in Colombo.
Things to do on your Srilanka trip
Udawalawe National park
If elephant is your spirit animal, Sri Lanka travel will surely surprise you. You’ll see elephants wherever you go in this country. You can spot them while chipping away at a tea estate, going out of control in national stops, and driving the Esala Perahera to march in Kandy. However, to meet them in person and feed them, make way to the Udawalawe National park where you will get an opportunity to see elephants meandering indiscriminately.
Sigiriya is one of Sri Lanka’s seven UNESCO World Heritage Sites. With the age-old stone top fortification in one hand and urban lifestyle, on the other, the place will always win your heart. Since the climate is impressive throughout the year, you can visit Sigiriya whenever you want. Explore the Imperial castle and a Buddhist religious community and take in a bit of Srilanka's tradition. Apart from historical attractions, you will also be impressed with the best seasoned finished gardens on the planet.
Visit tea empire
To all the Chai lovers out there! The Hill Country's Haputale Mountains will be your favourite spot in the holiday package to Sri Lanka. It is in this place, Sir Thomas Lipton propelled his tea domain. Head to Lipton’s Seat – Mr Lipton’s preferred spot and satisfy your tea cravings here.
City of Kandy
If you want to know more about Srilanka's history and indulge in its tradition, the gates of Kandy are open already. Being the last capital of the antiquated rulers of Sri Lanka, Kandy was a well-known escape for frontier executives hoping to get away from the warmth. With a brimming lake view and lush greeneries, this pretty city can never be missed in your Sri Lanka vacation package. Also, do not miss visiting the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, which is housed in Kandy’s abounding sanctuary complex.
A big shout out to all the foodies out there! If you are keen about tasting different cuisines around the world, Jaffna Crab Curry of Srilanka can never be missed. It is viewed as the best on the planet. Witness the skills of the culinary specialists those who take as much time as necessary to pound the coconut, making the glue toasty and rich. In the southern parts of the country, Look for the most delicious Squid Curry, cooked rapidly in coconut cream and lime juice.
Places to visit on Srilanka trip
Enjoy a perfect Chaiya-Chaiya time while travelling to this city of emerald sceneries. Nuwara Eliya is the most wonderful spot in your Sri Lanka trip package. Visit the nineteenth-century slope station Nuwara Eliya will truly take you back in time. Explore the men of honour’s clubs, counterfeit Tudor structures and the mesmerizing rail rides. Get refreshed while visiting the well-maintained tea ranches, cascades, and mountains on your way. If adventure is your cup of tea, you can also do trekking in Kandy and explore the magnificence of nature.
Polonnaruwa deserves a place in your Srilanka holiday package if you are an animal lover. With a number of sanctuaries and unspoilt assets of nature, this quaint city has a lot to beautify your trip. Experience the old city life at the vestiges of Polonnaruwa. Click amazing pictures near the archaeological structures such as acquainted tombs, statues and stupas. Come in close association with the rarest species at the sanctuaries in Polonnaruwa and cherish the memory for a lifetime to come.
Get ready to find happiness in the shapes of waves and tides. Because your next stop is going to be full of chasing sunshine, sinking in golden sands and getting a lot of Vitamin-Sea. Here's the most engaging stop in your Sri Lanka vacation package where you can spot heaven a little closer. Experience whale-viewing at the little town of Mirissa while sunbathing on a lounger. You can also go on an angling expedition with the fishermen and see the whales and other enormous aquatic friends here.
Yala National Park
Get amazed by the four-footed sprinters at the Yala National Park. This park boasts the pride of housing the highest population of panthers in the world. Also, the place is filled with lush green fields, woods, tidal ponds, and coastline. When nature is ready to show its utmost beauty under one roof, missing out this place in your Sri Lanka holiday package is truly a crime. Enjoy the natural delight amidst the unspoilt nature and untamed wildlife.
Last but not the least, the final league during your Srilanka trip is to Colombo. It is considered as the happiest and happiest city of the country. With a lot of entertainment options and attractions, you can live the best days of your life in this city of positivity. Though Colombo has a lot to explore, you can get its complete essence within a day as it is a close-knit city. This extra-ordinary capital city is undoubtedly the best place to visit during your Sri Lanka trip.
Best Time to Visit Srilanka
Srilanka has a lot of similarities with your girlfriend. The country has some serious mood swings in its weather which are truly unpredictable. Just kidding. However, in a nutshell, the variations in the weather patterns mean that the best time to visit Sri Lanka is every day of the year. If you are concentrating on the western parts or southern coasts of the country, then you’re best off going between December and March. Alternatively, if the east and north are your destinations, the best time of year to visit Srilanka is from April or May to September.
Book Sri Lanka Packages at Pickyourtrail
When nature, culture and adventure met at a place, they named it Srilanka. Would you even miss this beautiful place? Escape from this crime and start packing your bags already. Check out our Srilanka holiday packages that are perfectly customisable according to your budget, interests and preferences. Now that you've landed on our page, you are all set for personalising your Si Lanka itinerary. Our certified ninjas will take you through a virtual tour of the country and help you craft a mind-blowing itinerary. Choose from a wide range of hand-crafted Srilanka packages, and avail easy no-cost EMI payment options. If you're still wondering what is so special about Pickyourtrail, we are here to surprise you with our expert visa assistance and 24*7 on-trip support. Book your Sri Lanka tour package today!
Frequently Asked Questions about Srilanka Tour Packages
What to pack for your Sri Lanka trip?
Any type of casual and western outfits are allowed in Sri Lanka. Since the country is predominantly hot, cotton and light natural fabrics such as linen are ideal.
How to dress before visiting a temple in Sri Lanka?
While visiting a temple you want to dress appropriately in Sri Lanka. Women are advised to wear long skirts, dresses, salwar or lose trousers and modest blouses covering their shoulders and knees. Men are required to wear long trousers or dhoti in temples.
What is the ideal time to spend on a trip to Sri Lanka?
It is ideal to spend a week and take in the most from this beautiful Island. One can spend 1-2 days in Colombo, followed by a couple of days in Kandy, 3 days in Nuwara Eliya and 2 days at Bentota beaches.
What is the best way to get around in Srilanka?
If you are good at driving, a car hire will be the perfect mode of transport in Srilanka. You can hire a rental car for 10 hours a day and venture out the attractions. However, relying on Public transport is not advisable since live traffic is uncertain.
What are the languages spoken in Srilanka? Can I survive with English?
Sri Lanka is a multicultural pot has several groups of people namely Indo-Aryan, Dravidian and Austronesian. Sinhala and Tamil are the most spoken languages in Sri Lanka. Since the languages spoken are deeply influenced by the various languages in India, Europe and Southeast Asia, one can manage a tour to Sri Lanka with the English language as well.
What is the currency used in Sri Lanka?
The Sri Lanka Rupee is the common currency used in Sri Lanka. It is symbolized by Rs or SLR to indicate in written format.
Is Srilanka a safe place to visit?
Despite having been through a few decades of civil war that ended in 2009, Sri Lanka has always proved to be an incredibly safe and peaceful destination for travellers. You will surely be astonished by the wonderfully friendly and welcoming people of Srilanka. However, it is always advised to keep your belongings safe at common gatherings and public places against pickpocketers. Apart from these rare cases, the Island will surely feel like home for travellers.
What are the best temples to visit on your Srilanka trip?
Srilanka being a spiritual country has a lot of temples touched with a flavour of utmost spirituality. With mesmerizing architecture and soul-soothing atmosphere, you will surely feel elated with the peacefulness offered here. Some of the important temples that you should not miss during your Srilanka trip are as follows:
- Gangaramaya Temple – Colombo
- Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic – Kandy
- Naguleswaram Temple – Kankesanturai
- Thirukonamalai Konesar Temple – Trincomalee
- Shaktipeeth Shri Shankari Devi Temple – Trincomalee
- Kataragama Temple – Kataragama
- Kelaniya Raja Maha Vihara Temple – Peliyagoda
- Cave Temple – Dambulla
- Muthiyangana Temple – Badulla
- Maviddapuram Kandaswamy Temple – Jaffna
- Sri Ponnambalam Vanesar Kovil – Colombo
- Munneswaram Temple – Chilaw
What are the best places to shop in Srilanka?
How does a trip become complete without some bit of shopping? Srilanka has a wide range of shopping options right from roadside handicraft shops to high-end malls. Filling your cart and exploring the markets will surely be the best workout in your Srilanka trip. Some of these include:-
- Crescat Boulevard – For local brands
- Franciscan Sister’s Jam Room – One-stop for all
- Pettah Floating Market – Unique market experience
- Dutch Gallery – Stunning antiques
- Galle Fort – Spices and food products
- Mlesna Tea Centre – Top tea paradise
- Olanda Furniture – Home decors
- Orchid House – Handicrafts and therapeutic items
- Barefoot – Designer clothes
- Rangala House Art Gallery – Art attack
- Lakpahana – Handcrafted items
- Selyn – For the love of accessories
- Exotic Roots – Interior Decor
- Jayamali Batiks Studio – Skillfully printed textiles
- Paradise Road – Gift Items
- Arcade Independence Square – Brand basket
- Ratnapura – Lovely jewels
- Laksala – Souvenirs for your friends and family
- Majestic City – High-end shopping
- Odel – Lifestyle products
What are the best adventure activities to take up on your trip to Srilanka?
Pack your Srilanka tour with amazing activities like wildlife safari, mountain biking, lagoon cycling. If you would like to have a Splashtastic time, enjoy Surfing, snorkelling, scuba Diving at Hikkaduwa, white water rafting in Kitugala and whale watching at Marissa Fishery Port. Touch the sky while enjoying hot air ballooning at Kandalama. Bring out the adventure junkie in you while Rock Climbing and trekking in Bambarakanda. Make your loved one feel special by booking a catamaran cruise trip at Trincomalee or Boat Trip in Madu River. You will never be tired of exploring the nail-biters that are hidden in your Srilanka Package.
Which are the best beaches to visit on your Sri Lanka trip?
There are around 30 beautiful beaches in Srilanka. The Island nation has different beaches according to the likes and comfort of tourists. If you want to spend a tranquil time in the blue waters, head to the Unawatuna beach or Negombo beach. If you wish to experience a touch of Maldives in Sri Lanka, Bentota is all yours. For the whale watching enthusiasts, Mirissa is the right pick. Go on a walk with the turtle toddlers at Koggala and indulge in the untouched beauty of nature at Hikkaduwa. Visit Weligama or Induruwa for capturing some Insta-worthy pictures. If you are an architecture enthusiast, make way to Galle. Apart from these beauties, there are several other beaches in Sri Lanka tour packages that will surely make you go AWE!
Does Sri Lanka offer visa on arrival for Indians?
At the current date, Sri Lanka offers a free visa on arrival for Indian tourists just like many other nationalities. However, Indian citizens will need to apply for an ETA (Electronic travel authorisation), a web-based system where you can get your visa granted within 30 minutes.
How much does it cost for a trip to Sri Lanka?
At Pickyourtrail get Srilanka tour packages that start as low as 19,788 INR for a 4 nights Sri Lanka holiday to 26,924 INR for a 7 night Sri Lanka vacation. Customise your itinerary according to your budget and choices for we have deals for all pocket sizes.
Connect with us via Whatsapp and craft your dream trip with our hand holding!
Pickyourtrail - Unwrap the world