Singapore River Cruise
A Singapore River Cruise takes you on a journey right through the heart of the city. You will be surrounded by a panorama of vibrant shophouses, beautiful monuments, and soaring skyscrapers as you float down the calm waterways. While you enjoy the sights and sounds of the busy riverfront, a soft wind will caress your skin. Along the route, you will see the Marina Bay Sands and the recognisable Merlion statue, which serves as Singapore's national symbol. The city changes into a dazzling fantasy as the sun sets over the horizon, illuminating the river in an amazing show of lights. An unforgettable experience, a Singapore River Cruise will leave you with a lasting impression of this vivacious and energetic city.
1. Starting Point
A Singapore River Cruise usually begins at Clarke Quay, a historically significant riverside quay in Singapore's Central Region. In addition to being a well-known location for food, entertainment, and nightlife, Clarke Quay serves as the starting point for many river cruises, allowing guests to board the vessels and start their adventure down the Singapore River.
2. How to reach
There are numerous routes to get to Clarke Quay, where a Singapore River Cruise begins, including:
- By Train: The Clarke Quay MRT Station is the closest station and is easily reachable through the North-East Line or Circle Line of the MRT.
- Bus: Several bus routes, including Bus No. 2, 12, 33, 54, 124, 851, 961, and 970, are available and stop at or close to Clarke Quay.
- Car: You can also drive to Clarke Quay and park your vehicle in one of the several Clarke Quay parking lots, such as Clarke Quay Central, Clarke Quay Fountain, and Clarke Quay Riverside.
3. Singapore River Cruise Timings
Depending on the operator, the timetable for a Singapore River Cruise may change, but in general, cruises run every day and at various times throughout the day. A Singapore River Cruise is frequently scheduled during the following times:
- Morning cruises: These cruises often set sail at 9:00 AM or 10:00 PM in the morning, giving passengers a great chance to witness the city waking up as the sun rises.
- Lunch cruises: These cruises usually depart between 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM, giving passengers the chance to savour a delicious lunch while enjoying the sights of the Singapore River.
- Afternoon cruises: These cruises depart at 2:00 PM or 3:00 PM and offer a chance to see the city during the day. Soak in the lively riverfront views and create some good memories.
- Sunset cruises: These cruise excursions leave at 6:00 or 7:00 PM and let passengers see how the colours of the city changes as the sun sets over the horizon.
- Dinner cruises: These cruises usually depart at 7:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m. and give passengers the chance to have a scrumptious meal while admiring the Singapore River's sights.
(Note: Timings may vary, so, it's always recommended to check the schedule and make a reservation with the operator in advance)
3.1 Activity Duration
The duration of a Singapore River Cruise may vary based on the operator and the sort of cruise you choose:
- The standard Singapore River Cruise lasts 40 to 60 minutes and allows you to enjoy the famous Singapore River sites, including the Merlion statue, Marina Bay Sands, and the vibrant shophouses that line the riverbank. But there are also lengthier cruises available, such as dinner cruises, which may last for anywhere between 2 and 3 hours and include a meal.
4. Prices for Singapore River Cruise
Depending on the operator, the kind of cruise you select, and the time of day, the cost of a Singapore River Cruise may vary.
- A standard Singapore River Cruise can cost between $20 and $30 per person and lasts for about 45 to 60 minutes. The boat ride and a tour guide are generally included in this cost. The price can increase for longer trips, including dinner cruises, and therefore can range from $50 to $80 per person.
(Note: Prices may vary, so, it's always recommended to check the schedule and prices beforehand)
5. Attractions to see during Singapore River Cruise
You can explore a number of attractions along the Singapore River while experiencing a Singapore River Cruise.
- The Merlion: It is a statue that represents a mythical animal with a lion's head and a fish's body. It is one of Singapore's most recognisable sights and is a landmark of the city.
- Marina Bay Sands: The luxury Marina Bay Sands resort and casino is renowned for its eye-catching architecture and the infinity pool on its rooftop. You will get a fantastic glimpse of this famous building from the boat cruise.
- The Singapore Flyer: It is a massive observation wheel that provides sweeping vistas of the city. The cruise journey will provide you a fantastic view of this attraction.
- The Esplanade: It is a performing arts venue that hosts a range of performances in the arts, including dance, music, and drama. The building is easily recognisable due to its distinctive style, which resembles a durian fruit.
- The Clarke Quay Fountain: It is a unique water fountain that is interactive and is situated in the middle of Clarke Quay. Restaurants and bars surround the fountain, making it an astounding spot to relax and take in the scenery.
Things to know before you go for Singapore River Cruise
Keep the following things in mind before you go for the Singapore River Cruise.
- The cruise lasts for about 40 minutes.
- There are various types of cruises available such as morning cruise and night cruise, each of them offers unique sights and sensations.
- It's a good idea to pack sunscreen and a hat if you're going on a daytime cruise.
- If you're planning on a nighttime cruise, it's a good idea to dress warmly
- It is advised to make advance reservations as the cruises have a reputation to be exceptionally popular and sell out rapidly.
A popular and fun method to tour the city's historical and cultural sights is on a Singapore River Cruise. It's a wonderful way to take in the surroundings and unwind on a boat journey. Visit Pickyourtrail to find the best deals on Singapore tour packages and discover this glittering splendour. Here, you can easily customize your Singapore itinerary and plan your trip exactly how you want. Don't hesitate; seize this chance right away!