Get ready to make some new friends at Taronga Zoo Sydney, a magnificent wildlife park. This fascinating location is home to a wide range of animals from Australia and throughout the world. There are a variety of habitats and exhibitions, such as the Gorilla Forest, the Australian Walkabout, Seal Bay, and many others. Along with this, you can also enjoy some incredible animal interactions, performances, and behind-the-scenes tours.
Imagine strolling through lush, diverse environments and coming face-to-face with some of Australia's and the world's most stunning wildlife; how exciting! More than just a zoo, the magnificent Taronga Zoo is a place where sustainability and conservation are brought to life and where lifelong memories are created. Therefore, visit Taronga Zoo Sydney to experience the magic yourself.
Essential Information about Taronga Zoo Sydney
1. Where is the Taronga Zoo Sydney located?
- The Taronga Zoo Sydney is situated on Bradleys Head Road in the Mosman neighbourhood of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
2. How to reach the Taronga Zoo Sydney?
A variety of transportation options are available to get you to Taronga Zoo Sydney,
- By Ferry: It takes 30 minutes to travel to Taronga Zoo by ferry from Circular Quay.
- By Bus: There are various bus lines that connect Taronga Zoo with central Sydney. Buses 238 and 252 depart from Wynyard Station.
- By Car: A paid parking lot is available on-site for those travelling by car to the Taronga Zoo.
3. Timings of Taronga Zoo Sydney
The timing of Taronga Zoo is from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM, every day. For more accurate information, it is advised to check the official site of the zoo.
4. Ticket Prices of Taronga Zoo Sydney
Ticket fees vary depending on age and entry type. Here, you can get an idea of the price of a ticket, have a look!
- Individual Tickets
- Adult: $45.90 each
- Child (4-15) $27.00 each
- Concession $35.10 each
- Infant (0-3) free
- Family Tickets
- 1 Adult & 2 Children (4-15) $88.80 each
- 2 Adults & 1 Child (4-15) $105.60 each
- 2 Adults & 2 Children (4-15) $129.60 each
Highlights of Taronga Zoo Sydney
Taronga Zoo is a prominent Sydney tourist attraction recognised for its beautiful harbour vistas and diverse animal collection. Here are a few highlights of the zoo, that should not be missed,
- Enjoy the spectacular displays of exotic and domestic animals, such as gorillas, koalas, and African elephants.
- Admire the enchanting views of Sydney Harbour from the zoo's elevated position.
- Daily animal performances and feedings provide an up-close encounter with wildlife.
- Be part of the behind-the-scenes excursions that provide a greater knowledge of animal care and conservation activities. Children enjoy it the most, and it is a wonderful experience that should not be missed.
- Visitors can also experience Zoo Nights. It is a special after-hours event that gives visitors a new perspective to explore the zoo.
- There are numerous places to eat at the zoo, such as a café, picnic spots, and the Zoo-Gardens Restaurant.
Must-see in Taronga Zoo Sydney
- Have close encounters with creatures like koalas, elephants, and seals.
- Be part of a daily exhibition called Seal Show, which displays the playful and acrobatic behaviour of seals.
- Don't miss the savanna of Africa, where giraffes, zebras, and ostriches can be found.
- Explore the exhibition on the Sumatran Tiger, which highlights the preservation efforts for this endangered animal.
- The Australasia exhibit, which includes kangaroos and wallabies, highlights the region's distinctive and varied flora and fauna.
- Be part of Sky Safari Cable Car, which provides panoramic views of the zoo and port.
You and your loved ones won't be let down by Taronga Zoo for sure! To get the best experiences, book Australia tour packages from Pickyourtrail at the best prices. You can create your ideal holiday here by customizing your itinerary for Australia. See you soon :)