Dubai is a wonderland of magnificent architectural marvels and amusing historical sites. It is a luxury destination with exciting desert safaris and exquisite shopping opportunities. One of the popular tourist destinations in Dubai is the Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood. Commonly referred to as Al Bastakiya, the Al Fahidi Historical Neighborhood is a major tourist spot devoted to the preservation of ancient Arab history and culture. Rauan Otter, a British architect, painstakingly initiated a campaign to restore the exciting buildings in this place, which is now renowned as one of the important historical sites in Dubai. This district is one of the most ancient in Dubai and has a rich cultural heritage. Visit this place as part of your Dubai tour package, and have a wonderful time exploring the remarkable locations of this place.
Location: Bur Dubai, Al Hamriya, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Pick-up Location: From your hotel
Drop-off Location: Al Fahidi Historical District
Timings: The place is open to the public between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., and visitors can come at any time of the day.
Age Limit: No Age limit
About the Activity
- Start your day at the Sheikh Mohammed Center for Cultural Understanding. This is a great place to learn about Emirati culture and customs, and it also offers complimentary tours of the neighbourhood.
- Explore the various structures in this area that are made of local building materials such as coral stone, teak wood, sandalwood, and palm fronds, which offer an aesthetic and natural ambience to this place.
- Also visit the museums, art galleries, and cultural centres in the Al Fahidi neighbourhood, which exhibit displays of exquisite antique art collections.
- Explore the coffee museum and gain knowledge of Dubai's ancient coffee tradition.
- As part of your tour, sample traditional Emirati cuisine and learn about Emirati customs and traditions.
- Take a walk through the hamlet. The narrow streets and old buildings give this neighbourhood a unique charm.
- Finish your day with a tour of the Grand Mosque – one of the largest mosques in the world.
- Stop by the place’s souvenir shops and grab the opportunity to purchase beautiful gifts and souvenirs to take back home.
Also look: Try out the amazing dubai tour package for couples.
How to reach?
- By car: Al Fahidi is located 13 kilometres from Dubai International Airport. Start your journey by heading southeast from Dubai Airport to merge with Sheikh Rashid Road and finally connecting at Al Falah Street to reach Al Fahidi Neighborhood.
- By Metro: Take the red line metro from Airport Terminal 1 to reach Union Metro Station, and from there, take the green line metro to reach Al Ghubaiba Metro Station. After reaching Al Ghubaiaba station, you can directly walk to the Al Fahidi neighbourhood within 10 minutes.
- By Bus: Take bus 33 from Airport terminal 1 to reach Al Ghubaiba Bus Station 21, and from there you can walk to Al Fahidi in 5 minutes; alternatively, you can take the C01 bus from Airport terminal 1 to reach Raffa, and from there you can walk to Al Fahidi neighbourhood in 8 minutes.
Things to know before you go
- Wear sunscreen. The sun can be intense in the desert, and you want to avoid getting burned.
- Bring plenty of water. You will be sweating, so you need to stay hydrated.
- As you have to walk around the place, make sure that you wear comfortable clothing. Wear something loose-fitting and light-coloured that will keep you cool and protect you from sunburn.
- Remember that Dubai is an Islamic country; therefore, be respectful of their cultural and religious customs.
- Always carry your ID proof with you for security reasons.
- Take your time exploring, as there is a lot to see in this district, so it is worth taking your time to soak it all in.
- You will be walking a lot during your tour of the area, so wear comfortable shoes and sandals to avoid injuring your legs.
Al Fahidi is certainly one of the most intriguing places to visit in Dubai. With its historical buildings and pleasant ambience, this place is a noteworthy location for cultural exploration. If you are looking to plan an unforgettable trip to Dubai, be sure to check out PickYourTrail. We can help you plan your itinerary and make the most of your time in this amazing city. Hurry up! Plan your trip to Dubai from India and visit the Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood to take in the exquisite surroundings of this location.