Anyone who loves exploring nature should certainly never miss the opportunity to visit the Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary. Ras Al Khor is made up of a number of salt flats, mudflats, mangroves, and lagoons that serve as a habitat for countless birds. Each year, the sanctuary's natural surroundings draw many migratory birds, which you can see while there. The place is committed to protecting the environment and providing educational opportunities for visitors of all ages. The bird hides are just one example of how the sanctuary is working to achieve these goals. By allowing the public to view the birds up close, the sanctuary is providing a unique educational opportunity. In addition, the bird hides help preserve the habitat for these birds by providing a safe place for them to nest and roost. Visit this amazing place as part of your Dubai tour package and enjoy your time watching the beautiful birds in the sanctuary.
Location: Dubai Creek
Pick-up Location: From your hotel
Drop-off Location: Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary
Timings: The sanctuary is open between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Age Limit: There is no age limit.
About the Activity:
- Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the best places in Dubai to see flamingos up close. The sanctuary is home to over 400 flamingos as well as other birds, fish, and reptiles.
- The sanctuary has three hides: one in the lagoon and two in the Flamingo area.
- The sanctuary is also home to a variety of birds, including flamingos, herons, and storks, as well as other animals such as gazelles, hedgehogs, and hares.
- The sanctuary is well maintained and protected by the Dubai Municipality, and visitors can take advantage of free guided tours provided by the municipality as part of its mission to promote environmental education.
- The guide gives guests an interpretative discourse and assists them in identifying the birds. This enables visitors to view the sanctuary's natural beauty and diversity up close.
- It is one of the best places in Dubai for wildlife photography. The sanctuary's unique ecosystem is a photographer's dream come truesa
- Visitors can also capture the stunning views of the Dubai skyline and the Persian Gulf from the sanctuary's observation area.
- During the winter months, you will be able to see a variety of ducks, such as snipes, shanks, greater cormorants, and spoonbills.
- This is the perfect place to set up your binoculars and catch a glimpse of some of the most beautiful creatures in nature.
Also chekout : Enjot the best Dubai trip for couple.
How to reach?
- By car: The sanctuary is located 13 km from Dubai International Airport, so taking a taxi would take around 12 minutes to reach the sanctuary. Head south from the airport road to connect with Al Hamar Road and from there you can reach Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary within 5 minutes.
- By Metro or bus: Unfortunately, there is no metro or bus route from the airport to the sanctuary, so using a private vehicle is an ideal choice.
Things to know before you go
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water because you'll be spending time outside. Even if you are not thirsty, carry a water bottle with you and sip from it frequently.
- Put on sun lotion. Avoid getting burned because the sun might be very strong.
- Bring binoculars and a camera so you can photograph some of the stunning birds at the sanctuary.
- This neighbourhood can get very hot during the day, so it's important to wear loose, comfortable clothing. Be sure to dress for the weather.
- Keep at least a few yards away from any animals or birds you don't want to touch or hurt.
Looking to travel to Dubai on a budget? Check out our amazing Dubai tour packages at Pickyourtrail, which include everything from flights and accommodation to activities and excursions. With our help, you can plan the perfect trip to Dubai that fits your budget and preferences. Whether you are looking for a luxurious or more budget-friendly vacation, we have a package for you. Our team will help you customise your trip so that you can make the most of your time in Dubai. Contact us today to start planning your dream vacation.