Over the years, Singapore tourism has shown drastic growth. It is known for having an effective public transportation system, providing residents and visitors with an easy way to get around the city: the EZ-Link card. This smart card has established itself as commuters' go-to travel companion, facilitating smooth transitions between buses, trains, and even some taxis. It is advisable to choose a Singapore tour package that has EZ Link as a part of the package. This will make the whole process easier.
This in-depth guide will delve into the world of EZ-Link, covering its various applications, how and where to purchase one, as well as some frequently asked questions.
Travel within Singapore has been transformed by the contactless smart card known as the EZ-Link card. It was introduced in 2002 and quickly became well-liked because of how convenient and versatile it was. The card functions as an electronic wallet and stores money that can be used on different public transportation systems, making it easier to pay fares and doing away with the need for separate tickets. It is noteworthy that the card has developed beyond transportation, enabling users to pay for specific retail and dining transactions, further enhancing its appeal.
Acquiring an EZ-Link card is straightforward. They can be conveniently purchased and topped up at various locations across the city. Here's how:
1. TransitLink Ticket Offices: These offices are usually located within MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) stations and offer a range of transportation-related services, including the sale and top-up of EZ-Link cards.
2. Convenience Stores: Numerous convenience stores, such as 7-Eleven and Cheers, also sell and top-up EZ-Link cards. This option offers extended hours and more accessible locations.
3. Online Purchase: For added convenience, visitors can order an EZ-Link card online, which can be delivered to their accommodation or picked up at designated collection points.
4. Machines at MRT Stations: Many MRT stations are equipped with automated machines that allow travelers to purchase a new card or reload an existing one.
The Singapore public transportation system, which includes buses, trains, and some taxis, is where the EZ-Link card is most frequently used. The card has gained popularity for its versatility in addition to its main purpose:
1. Public Transportation: EZ-Link cards are essential for boarding MRT trains, LRT (Light Rail Transit) systems, and buses, streamlining the payment process for commuters.
2. Electronic Road Pricing (ERP): The card can be linked to a vehicle's in-vehicle unit, allowing for convenient payment of ERP charges when traveling on certain roads during peak hours.
3. Retail and Dining: In addition to transportation, the EZ-Link card can be used for small retail and dining transactions at participating outlets, making it a versatile payment tool for quick purchases.
5. Car Park Payments: In select parking facilities, EZ-Link cards can be used for hassle-free car park payments.
With its ability to streamline daily commutes and improve the travel experience for both locals and visitors, Singapore's EZ-Link card has become a crucial component of the city-state's urban fabric. Its practicality, adaptability, and usability make it an invaluable tool for navigating the city's transportation system as well as for speedy payments at various establishments. While you are checking out the things to do in Singapore, also make sure that you make use of this EZ- Link. So whether you are planning a thorough city exploration or just a quick visit, the EZ-Link card is your key to a quicker and more pleasant trip through the Lion City.
We think you are in .
Update your location?