I have personally been a big fan of different forms of art. I love paintings personally as that view of the art form is much more visual and also colourful. I have always wondered if painting is difficult and so to clarify that doubt within me I also have tried my hands on it. You might have seen contemporary painting, Abstract painting and many more. The Graffiti wall painting is always one that I have admired. The John Lennon Wall in Prague is mostly dedicated to Graffiti painting like that. This wall is one of the most visited places in Prague and people just go here to view the most famous graffiti painting. These Painting depicted in the history of Prague as at one time, this wall was used by the protestors to express their pain and anger through the artform. This should definitely be on top of your list while you visit Prague.
The 5 Fact Section
1. This wall is called the Crying Wall as this was is mainly used to write lines or lyrics while during protests. Communists took over the wall to write texts during a protest.
2. The death of John Lennon, during December 8, 1980, made this wall eve popular. The Wall was overflowing with his face paintings and old gravestones against his death and this became John Lennon’s wall.
3. August 14 2002, came to the largest floods which destroyed a part of the facade of the wall, which was later repaired.
4. On Nov 7 2014, during the Arms protest that happened, The wall was completely whitewashed, only leaving the message “Wall is Over”. This depicted that there was nothing artistic, political or Protest wall.
5. This Place is considered one of the cool places to hang out and take pictures with. One of the Picturesque location of Prague.
The Direction Guide
This wall is one of the most visited spots in all of Prague and it is also one of the most picturesque locations found in all of Prague. This is also one of the spots that the locals go to chill out with their friends.
Velkopřevorské náměstí, 100 00 Praha 1, Czechia
The Closest station(s) available to the John Lenon Wall is the Hellichova Stop and the Malostranské náměstí Stop. These are the services to reach the stop:
– Hellichova Stop: 5, 7, 15, 22, 25, 97
– Malostranské náměstí Stop: 5, 7, 15, 22, 25, 97
The Closest stop(s) available to the Strahov Library is the Malostranské náměstí. The Bus service(s) that reach the stops are 194.
If you come by a self-drive car, then the parking will be outside the Premises. Paid parking will be near Cafe de Paris restaurant.
Timings And Tickets Info
There are no entry fees to enter into the John Lennon wall. It is just a local spot that people used to visit while you just want to chill yourself down. There are also no timings attached to visiting this spot too as it is open 24/7.
You can visit the nearby cafe, Cafe De Paris from where you can spend quality time to eat the best food with a wall background which is perfect for a great picture.
Late Spring or the early fall will be the best time to visit Prague as a destination. So we would recommend you to plan your visit between May – September.
Hope you have got the necessary information that you will need to know while visiting the most anticipated place to visit while in Prague. Prague is the largest city in the Czech Republic and the 13th largest in the European countries. The richness in the art and the history that this land bear is immense and surely to be explored at least once in a lifetime. This can be possible with Pickyourtrail’s customizable itineraries to the Czech Republic. Visit our website to customise your own itineraries and if you need any help. Our Pickyourtrail personnel will help you out with the perfect itinerary for you. Stay tuned with our live blogs on our site to know more about where you want to travel with Pickyourtrail.