Mirihi Island, Male is a little gem of an island located in the Alif Dhaal Atoll of the Maldives. It has the reputation of being the first island in the archipelago that boasted of overwater bungalows. The Mirihi Island, named after a local flower “Mirihi” is truly a paradise on earth. With the environment that makes for an ideal postcard scene, this touristy island with its intact reef is the ideal spot for travellers trying to stay away from the bustle of everyday life and enjoying nature in peace.
The ideal area to visit for a soothing experience, experience a sojourn at Mirihi Island resort, and let the scenic landscape take you far from the fact of the lifestyles you’re acquainted with and introduce you to the world on how it is supposed to be. Perfect nature combined with the most scrumptious food washed down with all types of wines – Mirihi Islands is a paradise indeed! In short, this area is a really perfect location to experience for both food and adventure enthusiasts.
Interesting facts about Mirihi island
- The island is approximately 300 meters by 50 meters in the area and is blessed with rich natural vegetation and house reefs.
- It is one of the first islands in the Maldives that had its overwater bungalows.
- This island is home to the luxurious 5-star property of Mirihi island resort and has around 38 guest bungalows.
- These 38 guest bungalows at the island consists of 28 overwater villas, 6 beach villas, and 2 overwater suites.
- In September 2000 a small trawler called the “Madi-Ge”, was sunk 22 meters close to the house reef allowing wreck divers to explore it and this place attracts Batfish, Glassfish, and Jacks.
- Mirihi island has an excellent rich house reef and the dive centre on the island is operated by Ocean-Pro Mirihi, a 5-star PADI dive centre.
- It is a very small island which is 300 metres in length and 50 metres wide and is a perfect place for an offbeat luxurious experience.
How to reach Mirihi island
The Mirihi Island in Maldives is like a paradise island that gives immaculate beaches to enchant you with its sparkling and serene white sand beneath the warm sunrays. This small island lies in the Alif Dhaal Atoll and is 300 meters lengthy and 50 metres wide. Travellers from all around the world come to admire its scenic splendour and to spend a few gala time with buddies and own family within the lap of nature. A perfect blend of traditional and modern attractions, Mirihi Island is an all-round place to enjoy nature along with the Maldivian tradition and culture. This island has been recently renovated and reopened in December 2014.
Lying at a distance of 102 km away from the Maldivian capital of Male, you can easily reach the Mirihi island by a seaplane transfer and it takes only 30 minutes to reach the island. You have a separate counter for the Mirihi island resort at the Male airport and their hospitality team would accompany you until the resort. The seaplane ride would cost you around 200-300 USD per person and its worth the spend. Due to its small area and super luxury villas, this island is most ideal for all travellers. Especially for families who want some quality time off from the crowd and populated places.
Being in this resort, the tourists can do a wide variety of activities from exploring the house reef, search for whale sharks, enjoy the sights of dolphins while sunset, go for sailing or snorkelling, private snorkel at Manta point, or take a walk with loved one- it is all up to them to decide.
Luxurious Mirihi island resort
In the warm blue waters of the Indian Ocean down in the South Ari Atoll lies a tropical dream paradise – Mirihi Island Resort. Combining modern and traditional elements, the tiny paradise has been freshly renovated and reopened in December 2014 with a replacement shine, but still maintaining its unique Maldivian character. Located in the South Ari Atoll, this island is reachable from Male on a 30-minute seaplane flight from Male city. Due to its size and limited number of Villas, Mirihi is taken into account as being one among the littlest islands within the Maldives.
The 39 tastefully crafted bungalows have been freshly renovated and built on stilts over a lagoon. They are conveniently located throughout the island, offering complete private space and a luxurious experience. Being a small island with almost 220 persons at peak capacity (guests and staff), they have a team of 157 well trained local and international staff to give you an unforgettable experience. Finally, they have an amazing kids club if you travel as a family.
Top things to do in Mirihi island
- Dive with the experts in the Mirihi island, which is a 5-star dive centre operated by Ocean-Pro Mirihi.
- Enjoy a snorkelling experience at The Madivaru “Manta Reef” which is home to thousands of Manta Rays throughout the year. Turtles and sharks can also be seen from this reef.
- Explore the wreck of the “Madi-Ge” which attracts Batfish, Glassfish, and Jacks and this is a must-do activity for adventure-seeking divers.
- Sit back and sip a glass of exotic wine at the private beach and watch the beautiful sun sinking into the ocean.
- Take a walk in the palm-fringed beaches and sand as soft as powder, inviting you to leave your shoes behind during the sunset
- Ocean-gazing, fishing and snorkelling are few other fun activities that you can enjoy at Mirihi Islands
- Spend some quality luxury time at the cosy Mirihi island resort for an amazing experience and stay in their huge water bungalows.
Too busy into your normal routine and want some fresh air to breathe? Book a dream vacation to the Maldives for a quick weekend getaway. Find some of the best Maldives holiday packages and book your dream tropical getaway now with Pickyourtrail. Stop dreaming, Start booking!