Planning a trip to Maldives from India? Well, it’s a great pick for sure, Maldives is one of the world’s premier island destinations offering an amazing experience with its pristine white beaches, warm azure blue waters and state of the art luxury resort stays. There is obviously a lot to love here, which is why you see a lot of celebrities chilling, relaxing and lighting up their Insta feeds from Maldives. But before you get there, you might want to figure out all the right visa documentation and get the paperwork out of the way. So here’s all you need to know about the Maldives tourism visa.
How do I get a Maldives visa?
Maldives doesn’t require preapproval for its tourist visa. A 30-day tourist visa is issued for Indian passport holders on arrival into the Maldives as long as certain documents are produced and conditions met. We will be taking a look at what they are shortly.
How much do I need to pay for the Maldives visa?
A 30-day tourist visa is issued to Indian passport holders who meet all requirements at zero cost. The Maldives tourist visa is free for Indian passport holders for most intents and purposes. However, If you plan on extending your stay. A nominal fee of around INR 3500 is to be paid and the visa can be extended up to 90 days.
What are the requirements to be met and documents that I need to carry in order for me to get the Maldives Visa?
Here are the following conditions that need to be met to get a Maldives tourist Visa:
- All Indian travellers need to carry a valid Indian passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of travel.
- Return air ticket to be produced at Maldives immigration counter as proof of return.
- Adequate funds to cover all expenses for the duration of the stay. The minimum is considered to be 100 USD plus 50 USD per person per night. So if you are planning a 4 night trip as a couple you will need to carry a minimum of 600 USD.
- A hotel or resort booking confirmation for the dates of travel to be produced as the proof of stay
- Recently taken passport-sized photos of the travellers with a white background. The photos need to match the photo in the passport
If all these conditions are met, you will be issued a 30-day Maldives tourist visa at zero charges.
Is there a chance of being denied for the Maldives Tourist visa?
The issuance of a 30-day tourist visa is not a right of the traveller. The Maldives department of immigration serves the right to deny entry in the following cases.
- If the required documents aren’t produced and conditions not met.
- If the immigration officer finds reasonable evidence that documents are falsified
- If the immigration officer suspects a persons intention to disrupt harmony or indulge in illegal activities in the country
- If the individual is found to be antisemitic, disrupting religious/political harmony
It’s very much important to note that the Maldives tourist visa is not a right of the traveller and ultimately the immigration officer decides whether or not you will be allowed entry into the country. The immigration officers also hold the right to issue visas for a duration shorter than 30 days at their discretion. Ultimately though, as long as the documents are produced correctly and conditions are adequately met. You won’t have a problem entering the country.
How can I extend my Maldives tourist visa?
If you wish to extend the tourist visa, you can do so by filling up the visa extension application form at the Immigration head office during its work hours in the capital city of Male. Extention will be considered after immigration reassesses the financial position of the applicant for the revised duration of stay. If an extension is considered, it will be provided for a maximum of 90 days including the number of days of initial stay and a fee of 750 Maldives Rufiyaa will be charged for the same. The fee is only applicable for tourist visas that are issued for more than 30 days of stay.
So, that is everything you need to know about the Maldives tourist visa. So, what are you waiting for then? Book your tickets and pack your bags to the paradise on earth that is the Maldives and enjoy a fun stay with your loved ones. Need more help? Well, book your Maldives resort packages with Pickyourtrail to get the best deals on the market with 24×7 on-trip support. Our excellent destination experts will be there to guide and help you book the right resort at the right price based on your requirements. Pickyourtrail partners with some of the best resorts in the Maldives directly to get you the best deals on the market. Go get your personalized Maldives vacation at the best prices now at Pickyourtrail