The Maldives is known to enchant anyone that visits. Fondly called the Paradise on Earth, the islands are known for their out of the world snorkelling, scuba diving and ocean cruises experiences. The overwater villas dubbed as the epitome of Luxury is not the only experience folks look forward to anymore. Some exquisite dining experiences add a feather to the hats of some of the resorts in the Private islands. When we mean exquisite, we don’t just mean the beautiful beachfront candlelight dinner events, but also the breathtaking underwater restaurants in the Maldives. Here are our suggestions to the best underwater dining suggestions to explore during your vacation in the Island nations.
Built below the ocean, offering grand views of the marine life through glass ceilings, these restaurants truly redefine the meaning of underwater dining.. Take a glimpse at the list of 6 impressive underwater restaurants in the Maldives.
Ithaa Undersea Restaurant – Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Supplying 180-degree panoramic sights of the stunning sea life, the Ithaa is a surreal experience undersea. Built 16 feet below sea level, this is undoubtedly one of the most brilliant underwater diving experiences which you need to visit. What makes it exclusive is that it can be booked for private events like weddings, birthdays and other festivities. Ithaa is the world’s first underwater restaurant that is completely made of glass.
- The dining experience at Ithaa is only open to guests who are staying at the Conrad resort.
- Three Global awards winner at the 2017 World Luxury Restaurant Awards.
- Cuisine – Maldivian-European fusion cuisine
Subsix – Niyama Private Islands Maldives
True to its name, the decor reflects the aura of the sea- from the chairs that look like sea anemones to the shell-shaped bar. To get to the restaurant you descend a 3 tier staircase that is lit by dramatic, abstract chandeliers. This restaurant also has a mermaid theme that feels very real with the ocean blue lighting and coral-like chandeliers. The interior is adorned with low-hanging capiz shells that give you the feel of dining ocean all around you, literally. Built 20 feet below the sea level, this is one of the most pocket-friendly underwater restaurants in The Maldives.
- The restaurant is set 500 meters away from the mainland and can be reached only by speedboat.
- This underground playground is the first underwater nightclub on the island.
- Every Wednesdays and Saturdays underwater Glow Parties are organised.
SEA – Anantara Kihavah Maldives Villas
This restaurant is defined by its four-in-one dining, Anantara’s signature concept – Sea, Sky, Slt and Fire. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you will find exotic dishes ranging from the Maldivian Lobster to the Japanese Wagyu. This restaurant is situated on the Ocean floor itself and modern-day, mirrored interior gives a feeling of an extra-sized restaurant when compared to Subsix and Ithaa. You can watch the tropical fish, turtles and shark swim by as you enjoy gourmet dining at its most exquisite. The menu highlights among the visitors are Lobster salad, Scottish Salmon, Sea Bass, Chocolate Bomb Explosion to name a few. SEA is truly one of its kind experience.
- SEA is the world’s first underwater Wine Cellar
- Voted for 4 consecutive years- World’s Best Underwater Restaurant.
- This was first constructed on a nearby island and in later 2010, the air which enabled the restaurant to float on the water was replaced with sand allowing the restaurant to sink to the Ocean floor.
5.8 Undersea Restaurant – Hurawalhi Maldives
The best time to visit the restaurant is for dinner. You get to appreciate the surroundings in daylight and be astonished by the transformation of the landscape during sunset. The restaurant extends ever-changing set menus that are planned around the chef’s culinary experimentation and seasonality. The restaurant charms the diners with a multi-course tasting spectacle. This restaurant is 5.8 meters below sea level, and hence the name.
- Worlds largest all-glass undersea restaurant Maldives
- Only guests above 15 are allowed to dine here.
- Hurawalhi Maldives tries to keep the private nature of dining at an underwater restaurant and hence guests who are dining are only allowed at the restaurant.
Minus Six Meter – OZEN by Atmosphere at Maadhoo
The exclusive underwater restaurant is with no doubt the gem of the fine dining experiences at OZEN. Open for lunch and dinner, this seafood restaurant has stunning underwater views which you will enjoy with exceptionally fascinating Modern Seafood cuisine! Set 20 feet below the blue lagoon, the restaurant offers brilliant glimpses of the shells, sea turtles, and other exotic marine life. Minus six-meter, lovingly called M6m, is known for its over the top marriage proposals played out by guests working alongside the staff.
- Dining at the restaurant is complimentary if you book for minimin four nights stay.
- The first underwater restaurant covered in an All-Inclusive Plan
H20 – You & Me by Cocoon Maldives
Comparatively a new resort, this exudes romance, with grand villas and complimentary champagne, not to mention a special fine dining signature restaurant. With a capacity of 20, H2O treats diners to the view of the Maldives’ unbelievable marine environment while they dine on cuisine that’s unique to the Maldives. The restaurant is located 100 meters from the resort on an unspoilt, stunning reef. A first of its kind, You & Me by Cocoon’s uniqueness is the 360-degree view of the Maldives’ exotic marine environment, as they enjoy a tasty spread.
- You & Me Maldives is an Adults only resort catering to honeymooners and couples.
- The only underwater restaurant in Raa Atoll
- The lift allows accessibility for diners with disabilities
So, there you go, our guide to the best underwater restaurants in the Maldives. All of which awaits the memorable island escape, where outstanding under-the-sea dining can be enjoyed beside the archipelago’s beautiful beaches, turquoise waters and luxurious resorts. Feel free to check out our Maldives packages or reach out to us for customised suggestions from our travel experts.