A trip to Kerala in October is an exceptional extravaganza with the lush green tea plantations, the mixed aroma of flavoured coffee, spices, and fresh breeze. Witness the mesmerizing beaches, waterfalls, hill stations while you relish the famous backwaters of Kerala. Here is a complete travel guide proffering you the gist of the places and plethora activities you may find here.
Best Time To Visit Kerala
The ideal time to visit Kerala is from October to April, the weather during this time is pleasant and soothing. The period from October to February is the peak season, where you can plan a visit to Kerala in October.
Reasons For Visiting Kerala In October
Here are a few reasons to visit Kerala in October. Take a look and leave right away for a vacay!
- Weather: October is the perfect month to explore Kerala. Monsoons in Kerala last during this time and is cool and pleasant. In the month of October, Kerala looks mesmerizingly beautiful.
- Things To Do: There are numerous things that you can try in October. If it rains, you can try the salted banana chips, Breathe through the rich aromatic tea plantations. You can also try canoeing, and water surfing around. Kerala is also known for flavoured chocolates. Don’t forget to shop and carry some chocolates back home.
- Backwaters: Alleppey in Kerala is famous for its backwaters attracting a lot of travellers. Backwaters of Alleppey can be explored by hiring a houseboat on which you can spend a night or two and travel in style. The houseboats offer delicious local food and picturesque views while they take you through the backwaters. You can also explore on a motorboat or shikhara.
- Cascading Waterfalls: As the monsoon season starts the waterfalls in Kerala are overflowing with water and look ravishing. Athirapally and Vazhachal are the most beautiful waterfalls in Kerala. You can also visit other waterfalls like Meenmutty Waterfalls and Palaruvi Waterfalls.
- Ayurvedic Treatment: If you are wondering what can you do in Kerala while it’s raining outside, Ayurvedic treatments are the answer for you. From a relaxing massage to a yoga session, there is a lot to experience in Kerala’s authentic Ayurveda Resorts.
Places To Visit In Kerala In October
Kerala houses a plethora of places for travellers to traverse and apprise themselves about its beauty, cultures, and beautiful fields.
1. Munnar – The Tea Meadow
Munnar is an enchanting hill station adored by all age groups and is a favoured destination by honeymooners. A perfect place for tea lovers as it has more than 80,0000 miles of tea plantations. Here one can find all sorts of teas, be it ayurvedic, herbal or simply masala. You can also witness things like trekking, camping, and adventure.
2. Alleppey- The Venice Of The East
Alleppey comes first under the list of best places to visit in Kerala. A great place to visit Kerala in October is the famous backwaters of Kerala. Alleppey maintains a number of ancient and rusty houseboats and some of them are now commercialized into luxurious 5-star hotels. One can also experience different water sports, the paddy fields, coconut groves and quaint villages.
Also Read: Best Houseboats In Alleppey
3. Thekkady- A Serene Beauty
Thekkady is a natural bliss, the place houses a number of tourist delights and out of which most of them are forests, spice and coffee plantations. One can admire more than 265 species of birds inhabiting amidst the greenery. It is a much-visited place while traversing Kerala in October as the weather is charming and the place is home to more than 36 species of flora and fauna. When traversing Thekkady the travellers can relish the jungle patrol, safari, jungle camps, border hiking, and bamboo rafting.
Things To Do In Kerala In October
While in Kerala, make sure to try all these adventurous activities and cherish your stay. Keep scrolling down and read along to know more about all the enticing things that you can try in Kerala!
1. Trivandrum – Savor Banana Chips
Kerala offers a variety of unparalleled sized bananas all procuring different shapes and tastes. While traversing Kerala make sure you try all the varieties of bananas grown in here. Not just the raw flavoured but the reformed versions are famous and consumed by many. Try the crispy banana chips and fried chips (upper), steamed and fried in batter. One can buy from any local stores.
2. Periyar Lake – Bamboo Rafting
The most popular forest reserve of Kerala has much to provide other than just wildlife sightings and a ferry ride on the lake. The Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary proffers a delighting experience of bamboo rafting over the amber-hued Periyar Lake, which is unquestionably one of the favoured things by the travellers. The ride takes you through the sanctuary’s wilderness and provides you with a fortune to have a personal encounter with Kerala’s flora and fauna. This place offers a fair chance to spot tigers and elephants at a close distance via the bamboo ride and the trek.
3. Kodanad – Bathe Elephants
Kodanad Elephant Sanctuary, 42 kilometres from Kochi, has some exciting activities like elephant bath, elephant safari, and elephant feeding. It is a delight to watch baby elephants playing around water and spraying water around.
Also Read: Romantic Beaches In Kerala You Must Visit
How To Reach Kerala
By Air: The state houses three main airports situated at Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, and Kozhikode. One can board both domestic and international flights.
By Train: Kerala is connected to all the major cities in India via its railway network. There are 200 railway stations here that connect to places both within and outside the state.
By Bus: Kerala is connected to many national highways and the roads here are safe and clean. One can commute through buses, auto, taxis, cars, and trucks.
By Water: From Cochin, there are different routes to reach the Lakshadweep Islands. Even the famous backwaters of Kerala provide a major commuting source as the temperature in Kerala in October is just perfect.
So what are you waiting for? Plan your trip to Kerala in October with Pickyourtrail and don’t miss to include the above-listed things in your itinerary. Check some of the best Kerala holiday packages and book your getaway now!