If you are an Indian passport holder and travel frequently, you must know these new visa rules coming into effect in 2020. When was the last time you had to spend hours at an airport just because you weren’t aware of a change in the visa policy? Go on, read ahead and make your life easier.
New visa rules to know in 2020
1. You should now apply for a Schengen visa 6 months before your travel date— earlier it was just 3 months.
2. The cost of the Schengen visa application has increased from 60 Euros to 80 Euros.
3. As of 2020, around 59 countries offer visa-free entry for Indian passport holders. You can plan your last-minute vacations around this idea.
4. Frequent travellers with a positive Schengen visa history might get a multiple-entry visa valid for 5 years.
5. Sri Lanka and Thailand are offering visa on arrival for Indians till April 30, 2020.
6. Indians no longer need a visa to travel to Brazil.
7. Not in effect yet—Bhutan is planning to end visa-free entry for citizens from India, Maldives and Bangladesh. This means paying 1200 INR for every day of your stay there.
8. Indian passport holders with a residence visa from the UK or the European Union countries can get a visa on arrival in the UAE.
10. This is not new but there’s still confusion around it — Indians don’t need a transit visa to transit through France’s international airports. But you still need a short-stay visa to leave the airport.
11. Malaysia offers 15-day visa-free entry for Indians till 31st December 2020.
12. Indians can now drive into Myanmar just by showing their e-visa at the check post.
Want more visa guidance? Head here:
Wish someone was there to take care of the visa hassles while you relax and dream about your holiday? That’s what Pickyourtrail is here for. Craft your holiday, your way with Pickyourtrail.