Turkey is a beautiful place rich in culture, heritage and history. While Istanbul entices you with its vibrant bazaars and beautiful mosques, there is Cappadocia in the centre with magical hot balloon rides. Further south you can visit beaches like Kas and the west has old Roman and Ottoman ruins for you to explore. If you are looking to hike the mountains, don’t miss out to visit the national parks of Eastern Turkey like Kackar Mountains National Park. Looking out for a trip to Turkey? There are two types of Turkey Visas for Indians. Please note that Turkey does not issue Visa on Arrival for Indians.
Turkey Online E-Visa For Indians
Turkey offers E-Visa to citizens of selected countries that include India, provided they meet defined pre-conditions. Turkish E-Visa Application process is cost-effective and also a very smooth process. However, for Indians, a valid Supporting Document is applicable like a valid visa OR valid residence permit from one of the Schengen Countries, USA, UK or Ireland. E-visas are not accepted as supporting documents. This is a mandatory requirement.
Eligibility Criteria For Indians
Here are all the conditions that Indian citizens need to fulfil to be eligible for applying Turkey E-Visa
- You have a valid Supporting Document like a Valid visa OR valid residence permit from Schengen Countries, USA, the UK is required. The supporting documents must not be an E-Visa.
- You can prove that you hold a return ticket, hotel reservation and at least 50 dollars each day of stay.
- The period that you will be staying in Turkey will be covered on your passport.
How To Apply For Turkish E-Visa Online
Turkey E-Visa for Indians is a single entry visa that allows you to stay 30 days in Turkey. The 30 days included with 180 days starts from the day of Visa issuance. You can enter Turkey any time within these 180 days, for a single stay, not exceeding more than 30 days.
Turkey E-Visa Fees For Indians
Turkey E-Visa fee varies from country to country. Visit the Turkey E-Visa application web-page and choose your country to check your Visa fees. For Indian citizens, Turkey E-Visa fees is $43. There is an additional $1.5 Processing Fee. After you submit all your details, proceed with the Visa fee payment process online using multiple payment options which include debit/credit card.
Apply At VFS Global Centers
Within India, you can apply for Turkish Visa at VFS Global Centers in 16 Cities that include New Delhi, Gurgaon, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Trivandrum, Pondicherry, Hyderabad, Goa and Ahmedabad. VFS Global provides both Single Entry and Multiple Entry Visa with respect to Turkey. You may find more details here on the VFS Global page – VFS Global Turkey Visa in India.
Documents Required For Turkey Visa For Indians
Turkish Visa Process has specific document requirements. While you may check the complete list of required documents here, below are few guidelines basis our experience –
- Turkey Visa Photo Size – Please ensure that Turkey Visa photo must be of size 2.5 inch X 2.5 inch with White Background. Turkey Visa requires a bigger sized photograph than other countries.
- Local Address Proof (For all cities except Mumbai) – Make sure you submit notarized documents.
- Turkish Visa Application Form (Online/Offline) – You have to fill in an online form at Turkish Consulate website, take a print out and submit a signed copy. In case, you do not fill the form online, VFS supports you for the same but they charge extra and also, it takes around 30 minutes wait time. Carry a copy of offline form filled up and signed also. Links – i) Online Form ii) Offline Form. Also, please note that both forms have to be compulsorily filled in CAPITAL LETTERS else they will not be accepted.
- Hotel Reservation – You need to present the Hotel Reservation for your complete trip and this should match with your Tour Itinerary details.
- Travel Insurance – Getting travel insurance is mandatory.
- Leave Letter/Pay Slips/Bank Statement – If you are salaried employee, all three documents are compulsory and Pay amount in payslips should match with respective entries in your bank account statement.
- The Bank account statement must be the one in which your salary gets credited every month.
- Passport/E-Visa/US Visa/Marriage Certificate Copy for Co-Traveller
Turkish Visa Processing Time
It takes around 8 to 15 days (depending on the city of application) to process your Visa. Post submission, check the status of your visa from home on their website online. Collect your passport and Visa either from VFS Global Centers or get it couriered at your address (with additional charges).
Turkey Visa Fee For Indian Applicants (VFS Global)
There are different types of Turkey E-Visa. Listed below are the various visa fees details :
1.Single Entry – 4270 INR
2.Multiple Entry – 14,220 INR
3.Single Transit – 4270 INR
4.Double Transit – 8540 INR
In addition to Visa fee, the VFS Global also charges a service fee of 4201 INR for Visa processing. The charge includes 18% GST and 20% Consulate Fee paid by VFS to Embassy. You can also get your passport couriered to your address, with an additional charge of 450 INR. To get SMS updates, charges are INR 200. You can just skip both these optional charges as it’s better to check your application status online. This will also let you pick your application yourself from VFS centre. Don’t forget to carry cash along as the fee is accepted only in cash.
Well, you don’t have to worry about collating these documents and getting a smooth process done as we at PickYourTrail are here to help you with the same! Well, don’t worry if you are located away from us, we also do an additional service of a pickup and drop off documents from home. So don’t delay and start planning your vacation as it’s never too early to book your Turkey holiday package! Get ready to unwrap your itinerary and have a Happy Vacation!