Singapore is one of the coolest and prettiest countries in the world. It is also one of the best tourist destinations in the world and also a great choice for couples to go on a honeymoon. Due to the pandemic, the borders are now open for Indians to travel to this unique country. After a short ban, there are some guidelines if you want to travel to Singapore from India. Let us dive in and know more about the latest COVID rules and guidelines.
Are Indians allowed to travel to Singapore?
Yes. Indians can now travel to Singapore with any type of visa and proper medical conditions proofs.
How is the visa process for Singapore travel?
There are two types of visas that Indians can avail of in order to travel to Singapore. First is the normal visa where you have to come in physical contact with many people.
Or you can just take an e-Visa which is an extremely easy and comfortable option. You can apply and attend the visa interview online and get an e-Visa on your mobile. This reduces the chances for humans to come close in contact and thus reduces the risk of the spread of COVID. Also, there are many websites that will help you out during the process.
Who all can travel from India to Singapore?
- Indians with a valid tourist visa can travel to Singapore
- Singapore citizens who got stuck in India due to the pandemic can now return
- People who travel for business meetings and pay short visits also can travel
What are the pre-requisites needed before leaving India to Singapore?
- All the passengers should have taken the RT PCR test only within 48 hours prior to the departure date.
- If you are fully vaccinated, at least 14 days should have passed since your last vaccine.
- Always carry the vaccination certificates with you during the travel.
- If you have recently recovered from Covid, you need to carry valid proof that says you are covid negative and have no symptoms.
- If you are only partially vaccinated, you need to carry the vaccination certificate for the vaccine you have taken and also a covid negative test report and the test should be taken not more than 48 hours prior to the departure.
What are the mandatory guidelines to be followed post-arrival in Singapore?
- All passengers including children have to take up the RT PCR test after arriving in Singapore.
- You have to be under quarantine after arrival.
- If you have any symptoms during the travel, you will be immediately isolated and quarantined until you are tested negative.
What are the quarantine protocols?
All passengers travelling to Singapore have to undergo a mandatory quarantine period of 10 days since the COVID cases in Singapore are 3000 per day. So, if you are travelling from India to Singapore, you will have to be under quarantine for 10 days at a dedicated quarantine facility.
What are the general rules to be followed during the travel?
- Always wear your masks and travel safe
- Carry hand sanitisers and sanitise your hands every now and then
- Avoid crowded places or physical contact with others during the travel
- Follow strict social distancing even if there are very few people around
What are the airlines operating from India to Singapore?
- Jet Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Air India
- Silk Air
Can you get a visa on arrival in Singapore?
There are no updates on visas on arrival for Indians in Singapore. As the covid cases are in considerable numbers in Singapore and India, getting a visa on arrival is not possible for now.
As soon as the cases decrease, Indians might get the option of availing of a visa on arrival.
What if you have symptoms during the travel or test positive post arriving in Singapore?
- You will be immediately isolated and quarantined until further results
- All those who have ad close contact with you will also be isolated ie. flight travellers, nearby passengers, cabin crew members etc.
- You will be quarantined and closely monitored and tested
- You will only be able to travel again when the COVID test comes negative
What are the mandatory documents to be carried during the travel?
- Vaccination proofs if applicable
- Always carry a valid identification proof
- Carry valid visa papers with the right dates
- A negative RT PCR test report that is not taken more than 48 hours prior to your travel date
- Valid tickets and proof for return tickets
That is all about the latest news regarding travelling to Singapore from India. Of course, there are many strict guidelines for which you might pay a fine if you ever violate the rules. As far as you follow the covid restrictions and guidelines, you are safe to travel to Singapore and have a blast. And most importantly, do not forget to enjoy your trip to the fullest.