The United Kingdom is one of the most dreamy and pretty places to travel to. Many lakhs of Indians have been living in the UK for ages and tourism is also booming in recent years. After a short ban due to the pandemic, travel for Indians to the UK has now resumed with some restrictions and guidelines. Continue reading to know all the details regarding travelling to the UK from India.
Can Indians travel to the UK now?
Yes. All Indians can travel to the UK as the borders are open to travel. If you meet all the health documents that are required, then you can travel without any confusion.
Details regarding vaccination
There is no need for mandatory quarantine if the passenger is completely vaccinated.
The vaccination must be taken at least 4 days before the travel date.
RT PCR test and vaccination details
- The RT PCR test must be taken at the departure country only within 72 hours prior to the travel date.
- The test report should contain a QR code,
- And most importantly, only fully vaccinated passengers can travel to the UK.
- The second dose of vaccine must be taken at least 14 days prior to the travel date.
What are the quarantine protocols?
- Passengers who are fully vaccinated need not undergo the quarantine period.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, you will have to undergo a quarantine period of 10 days.
What are the travel guidelines during the whole travel?
- All travellers should carry a valid test report that says COVID negative.
- You can test if you want to post-arrival in the UK.
- All nationals should carry this COVID test report else a fine of 500 pounds will be imposed.
- If you test positive during the travel, you will immediately be isolated and quarantined until recovery.
Who can travel from India to the UK?
- Indians who have any valid visa including a tourist visa can travel to the UK.
- All passengers travelling to the UK (including the nationals) must fill out the UK passenger locator form online before starting from the departure point.
- People who are stranded in the UK ie. nationals or foreign nationals can travel
- You can either travel with a tourist visa or student visa during the pandemic which is considered to be a safer option.
What are the quarantine rules?
- People travelling to the UK are advised to follow self-quarantine for 10 days post-arrival.
- If you break the rule by not following the quarantine period, you will have to pay a fine of 100 pounds.
What airlines are operating services from India to the UK?
- Virgin Atlantic
- Thomas Cook Airways
- Jet Airways
- British Airways
- Air India
What are some general travel guidelines to be followed?
- Wear masks all the time during the travel
- Always carry hand sanitisers with you
- Avoid crowded areas and follow the best hygiene practices
- Strictly avoid eating food at unhygienic places
What is the visa process to travel to the UK from India?
- You can either avail visa in the general procedure by applying and attending visa interviews in person.
- You can also opt for the e-Visa option where you can attend the visa interview online and avoid human contact during the process.
- Priority visa option takes up to 5-7 days to process
- A normal visa takes up to 15 working days to process.
What if you test positive during the travel?
- You will immediately be isolated, quarantined and given a medical emergency.
- You will be continuously monitored until you test negative.
- There are even chances of sending you back if you test positive at the departure place.
- If you are tested positive post-arrival in the UK, you will be quarantined until recovery.
What documents needed to be carried?
- Valid COVID negative test report that is taken only within 72 hours before the travel date.
- Valid visa stamped on the passport.
- Health insurance documents if applicable.
- Covid negative report if you have recently recovered from Covid.
- Vaccination certificates if you are fully vaccinated.
These are the restrictions and details that need to be known by everyone travelling to the UK in recent times. All you have to do is have all the required documents, valid travel documents and meet the prerequisites. You can travel chaos free if you follow all these guidelines for international travel. Above all, amidst the pandemic, do not forget to enjoy your journey to the fullest!