This charming and friendly province of Thailand – Krabi, located in a beautiful spot is definitely worth a visit. Besides its stunning architectural marvels, beautiful temples, night markets, and infinite cafés and restaurants, Krabi is also known for its thrilling water activities especially scuba diving along its long coastline. It would be right to say that – Krabi has a lively and adventuresome feel both on land and underwater.
While diving into shores of Krabi, get to see some great marine vistas made up of colourful corals and aquatic animals including Leopard, Bamboo, and blacktip reef sharks. Be it first time experience or a certified scuba diver, a dive in the waters of Krabi will truly be a gateway to paradise.
Can anyone attempt scuba diving?
Yes, anyone who fancied to dive under waters can learn scuba diving at the certified diving schools. Make sure you’re comfortable with waters and can swim at basic levels. In rare instances, some may be prevented from scuba diving which might be due to particular medical conditions but besides this anyone keen on learning the joy of diving can definitely pick this activity on your Krabi trip package from India.
Thailand Tour Package @ ₹ 20,990
Relaxing Spas. Sunset Parties. White-sand Beaches.
View Thailand Packages
Can a non-certified person dive in Krabi?
Yes. A non-certified person can still opt for scuba diving in Krabi with a PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors). It is a day-long workshop conducted by renowned diving schools guided by an expert. You would be taught the basics of the dive and the instructor gives information on breathing, decompression including the safety concerns and signs underwater. They make sure that you are not permitted to dive past a certain depth ensuring that the safety standards are set and followed.
Best time to dive: The best time to dive starts from November and extends till April.
General depth: The average depth of most diving experiences range between 10 meters to 35 meters.
General visibility: The visibility amidst the months of November and April differs between 10 meters to 20 meters.
Facilities Available at diving Sites in Krabi: Life jackets, wetsuit/drysuits, diving paddles, diving masks, professional diving instructors, gas tanks, and other medical equipment.
Timings: Monday to Sunday from 6:00 am – 6:00 pm
10 Top Scuba Diving Spots in Krabi
1. Koh Ha: Located between Hin Daeng and Koh Phi Phi, lies this famous diving site. With its pristine and crystal clear water it provides great visibility undersea and hence making it one of the best scuba diving spots in Krabi.
2. Loh Samah Bay: With its easy-going waters the Loh Samah Bay is an ideal start for beginners. A diverse range of aquatic life and exotic coral reefs can be found here. Moreover, the canyon on the eastern side of the bay is supposedly said to a nest of turtles.
3.Garang Heng: A dive at the Garang Heng can promise you of a great underwater experience. Get to witness the barrel sponges, snappers, and leopard sharks much closer than you could imagine here.
4.Ao Nang: Simply a 10-minute speedboat ride, or 40-minute long-tail ride, from Krabi’s coast, the Ao Nang Local Islands have many interesting dive sites. The region specializes in small sea life including the ghost pipefish, lazy hawksbill turtles, leopard sharks, barracudas, and even a passing manta. With its high safety standards, it is fit for beginners.
5.King Cruiser Wreck: As its name suggests, this place holds in it a submerged wreck with a fascinating story behind. Diving at this point will give you a chance to see this ship surrounded by giant moray eels, clownfish, and leopard sharks which attracts a large number of people here.
7.Shark Point: A point famous for both beginners and experts who can dive across three separate reefs here. Homing around 7 pinnacles and designated as a marine park, you can enjoy the opportunity of swimming with leopard sharks at Shark Point.
7.Anemone Reef: This limestone pinnacle, which rises up from 30 metres, is blanketed by a beautiful mass of multi-colored anemones. The Anemone Reef is just 1 km from the Shark Point and offers spectacular views of the anemones while homing various fishes like the butterflyfish, bannerfish, triggerfish, and trumpet fish.
8. Ao Maya: Another place suitable for both beginners and experienced divers, Maya Corner provides an opportunity to spot a sea turtle. The site is surrounded by caves and rock formations while people can also enjoy snorkeling here.
9. Koh Haa Yai: Situated near to Koh Lanta, this island is recognized for its submarine caves among which the largest one is called The Cathedral. Experienced divers will undoubtedly have a fascinating experience to dive in the entrance of 20 meters deep and an exciting swim throughout. An adventure awaits as you swim along sides of leopard sharks, groupers, and hawksbill turtles.
10. Phi Phi Island: Almost every vacation to Thailand involves a visit to the beautiful, scenic, and idyllic Phi Phi island. This area is not just popular for scuba diving but also a range of other adventure activities like snorkeling, hiking, boating, and rock climbing are famous here. In fact, this island can be called as the most beautiful place in Thailand.
Top Tips For Diving In Krabi
- Do not get attracted to a cheap price, always choose a certified diving-school to make sure that the safety measured are being upheld.
- For those anxious about going under waters can alternatively go in for taking a snorkel.
- Make sure your travel insurance comprises scuba diving.
- Choose to stay in a dive resort for a wholesome experience.
- Maintain underwater protocols and do not touch or move close to the aquatic creations.
- Follow all safety regulations properly.
- Be aware of your location and don’t swim far away from the reefs.
- Under waters is not the best place to try something new unless you are a certified diver. So take it easy and enjoy the dive.
- In case of any emergency, do not lose your cool and remain calm at all times. Try to relax and the experts will help you out.
- Remember that you shouldn’t fly up to 18 hours after a dive, so make sure you book any flights accordingly.
We hope this information has been of help while you consider planning your scuba diving trip in Krabi. A year-round destination with an expansive list of attractions makes it a great destination for your diving holiday. We are more than happy to assist with any questions you may have or if you would like to book a dive Krabi package from India! Book your Thailand trip package or Thailand couple package at Pickyourtrail and unwrap the underwater beauty!