While the cause of the sudden coronavirus outbreak is still under examination, the medical world is urging travellers to be cognizant of the coronavirus situation and stay safe. Here are a few basic precautions you should take against coronavirus.
How to protect yourself from coronavirus?
1. Avoid contact with sick people as the coronavirus is highly communicable.
2. Do not visit or consume meat from live animal markets. It’s one of the major sources of infection.
3. Keep washing your hands with soap or hand sanitizer at regular intervals. This is extremely effective to avoid getting infected—more than wearing masks.
4. Avoid contact of hands with eyes and face without washing your hands.
5. Doctors say masks aren’t as effective as they’re perceived to be, but a fitted double-layered mask proves comparatively effective.
6. Consult your doctor and get precautionary medicines and vaccines especially if you are travelling even domestically.
7. If you catch a fever or cold while travelling or within the next few weeks of your trip, seek medical advice right away.
8. Don’t neglect any sort of illness as the coronavirus starts with what appears to be a mild fever or breathing difficulty but can get worse in no time.
9. Try to avoid visiting crowded places—or if it’s necessary, wait till the crowd disperses and then start.
10. Cook your own food than eat outside. If you don’t have the resources for this, eat only in high-end restaurants.
Sure, these are testing times, but there’s no reason to panic — follow these simple precautions and stay safe till the hard time is over.
Still confused? Get in touch with Pickyourtrail’s travel experts! They’ll clear your doubts in no time.