It is Official! You can start applying for your Iceland visa now. Starting this July, Iceland Visa for Indians can be applied in the visa application centres. These centres were closed for a while due to the pandemic now they are open. They have started accepting the application for the short-stay category. Iceland is an iconic Nordic island that lets travellers plunge into the plethora of natural beauty. From witnessing the renowned Blue Lagoon, Gullfoss Waterfall, Northern Lights, Langjökull (Europe’s second-largest Glacier) to experience the adventurous ATV trekking to see the live volcano, everything is a lifetime experience. And your smooth Iceland visa process is going to be the beginning of the extraordinary experiences waiting for you.
Things to Know Before Applying For Iceland Visa
As an Indian citizen, you must get your Schengen visa first to visit Iceland. So that, you can stay for a maximum of 90 days. So, before applying for your visa, make sure you are clear with the points mentioned below.
- Be aware of your purpose for visiting Iceland. There are different types of visas like the single entry and mulitiple entry visas. Knowing your reason to visit will help you apply for the right kind accordingly.
- You can apply for the visa in 2 modes, either through E-Visa or at Centres. The former will be suitable if you are comfortable with applying online or if you are not in a rush. Whereas the latter will be quite reliable if you are in a hurry or if you are uncomfortable with tech. Except, you may have to pay some commission for the agents.
- Usually the embassy of Sweden, Denmark & Norway take care of the visa process for Iceland. Once you submit your application to the Centre they will send it to the Denmark Embassy in New Delhi.
- It will take a minimum of 15 days to a maximum of 30 days for the Embassy to process your visa formalities. So make sure to apply for your visa 2-4 months before your travel to avoid any difficulties.
Also Read: Best Time to Travel Iceland Guide
Steps To Take While Applying Iceland Visa for Indians
Iceland is very cautious about the proper entry of visitors. So, you have to follow some strict procedures to complete your application process. The following steps will simplify everything so that you can complete your Iceland visa application without worries.
How to Apply Iceland Visa for Indian Residents
First, you need to start by accessing your application form from Iceland’s Immigration online portal. Fill in your basic information along with your contact details, passport details, your visa type as well as your expected travel dates. Make sure to add your signature. Once you complete it, submit it online and take a printout of the same. Next, schedule an appointment at the nearest VFS global visa application centre. Take your completed application along with the required documents in A4 format during your visit.
Iceland Visa Fee Details For Indians
The fee cost for Indians to apply for a Schengen visa is 80 Euros. If your children are between the age of 6 to 12, the fee is 40 Euros. Your payment should be made in Indian currency using a valid payment method.
Also Read: Maldives Visa for Indians
Documents Required To Submit For Iceland Visa
- Copy of your Indian passport with a validity of a minimum of 3 months post departure from Iceland.
- Take your most recent passport size colour photograph with white background.
- Provide a cover letter that briefly explains your reason to visit and your duration of stay at the destination.
- Provide your Medical Insurance, Income tax return certificate, Payslips along with other financial and employment documents which prove your financial capability. If you are retired, submit your pension statement for the past 3-4 months as proof.
- Proof of your stay and transportations have to be submitted along with your itinerary.
- You also need to submit your No Objection Letter.
As a result of Covid-19, make sure you follow the Travel Restrictions in Iceland. Make sure to comply with the preventive measures and rules. Submit covid-19 related certificates (Vaccination Certificate and Previous Covid-19 Infection certificate) during your visa application processes.
Once you submit all your documents to the embassy your eligibility for further steps will be approved. After submitting your papers, you can track progress comfortably online.
Once your visa gets accepted or rejected, you have to collect all your documents from the Iceland embassy. You should personally collect these documents from the embassy. No third party is approved to receive your documents. So, try not to send your family members or friends instead of you no matter how busy you are.
Frequently Asked Questions about Iceland Visa for Indians
New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Kochi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.
Yes. If you fail to provide all the valid documents, if they find your offer letter invalid or if the embassy is doubtful about the applicants’ information, the application will be rejected.
If you are from Mumbai, you can visit every Monday for now. The timing is from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Generally, Iceland is one of the safest countries in the world. According to the report, at present, a total of 60% of people are vaccinated out of which 87% are adults. Until you follow the safety protocols it is the safest destination to visit.
Now, you got all information for your long-awaited Iceland vacation. Also, there is an added advantage for you if you are going to Iceland. Being a part of the Schengen zone, getting a multiple entry visa will enable you to extend your travel to more countries. Travelling to Iceland will offer you adventure and healing. So, start planning your itinerary on your terms with pickyourtrail by customizing your Iceland trip or by selecting the best Iceland vacation packages and International tour packages at the earliest.