The natural shores of Maldives look even more pristine when the sun showers its rays on the sandy beaches during April. The perfect time to catch the perfect silhouette or bask in the glory of the sun and take some time out to sunbathe. The clear skies and the water makes April one of the best months to have a breathtaking diving experience in the Maldives. Read on to understand what are the places you can visit in the Maldives while planning an April Vacation.
Maldives Weather In April
Maldives in April weather is just excellent. April blesses the month with sunny days and comfortable nights. This makes April one of the best months to visit the Maldives to enjoy both the beach activities and a lazy evening by the beach alike. The temperature is around 30 degrees during the day and slightly lower in the night. This temperature continues in May and June as well.
Ideal Stay Duration For Visiting Maldives In April
We would recommend a minimum of 3-4 days stay to ensure you don’t miss out any of the must-do experience, like scuba diving, snorkelling, spa sessions etc. This would be the ideal time for a short getaway to rejuvenate your mind and soul. However, feel free to extend your stay to more than a week to have a more impactful detox.
We have collated a list of top 5 places to visit in Maldives in April. The Maldives temperature in April is quite pleasant and therefore a great month to visit. During this season the beauty of Maldives increases, thus making it one of the best places to travel in April.
The most densely populated island in the Maldives, the city is proud of its colourful buildings and grand mosques. To add to sightseeing experiences, you can indulge in various water sports activities like Scuba diving, Snorkelling etc. A visit to the Male fish market is a must-do for all seafood lovers.
Things to do in Male City
- Grand Friday Mosque, Male National Museum, Tsunami Monument
- Hulhumale island – Man-Made residential island with beaches
Boasting a surplus of water adventures, spectacular beaches and utmost privacy, Kudadoo Island is the most desirable place to be. You can choose to book an all-inclusive meal plan at the luxurious resort and indulge in luxury at your private overwater ocean suite. This private Maldives island is a must-see on your list if you are planning a trip to Maldives in April. You can experience the melody of tranquillity to the fullest by choosing to stay in luxurious private island resorts.
Things to know about Kudadoo Island
- Private breakfast on the dream island is delivered directly to the residence pool.
- Only guests above 15 are allowed to in this resort.
Also known as Nalaguraidhoo Island, the Sun island is yet another great place to visit in April. Adorned with rich greenery, turquoise beaches, and exclusive resorts, the Sun resorts are located in the South Ari Atoll. For a real tropical experience with abundance of basking in the sun and relaxing in the lap of nature, Sun island deserves to be on the top of your list. The Maldives in April offers a pleasing climate to enjoy all the hidden gems that the island has to offer.
Things to do at Sun Island
- You can book the sunset fishing experience for a relaxing evening with your family
- Explore the four a la carte restaurants to indulge in a multitude of cuisines ranging from Italian to authentic local dishes.
COMO Cocoa Island
COMO Cocoa Island is hands down one of the most serene places in Maldives. This private island resort is adorned by breathtaking 34 overwater villas. This allows the guests to slip from their villa balcony into the turquoise waters beneath. This resort offers some of the best in house spa services that are immensely rejuvenating and relaxing.
Things to know about COMO Cocoa Island
- Their in-house reef is rich in sea life thus making it ideal for snorkelling and scuba diving experiences.
- They have a unique hydrotherapy pool with high-pressure jets which is used for water-based treatments
Secluded from the usual hustle and bustle, this private resort is quite secluded and hence you won’t find a lot of crowd coming to this resort. Turquoise lagoons, amazing views and elegant villas define this astounding paradise. This resort has beautiful water villas to stay and some of the finest restaurants for an astonishing culinary experience.
Things to do in Baros Island
- One can scuba dive to witness the amazing corals and marine life
- Middle of the lagoon dine-in – With 360-degree view of the ocean and absolute privacy, this spectacular dining experience tops the list of private dining experiences. A one of its kind indeed.
Things to pack when planning a trip to the Maldives in April
- Summer outfits
- Sun Hat
- Comfy shoes and Flip Flops
- Essential medicines
- Raincoat and an Umbrella
Tips for planning a vacation to the Maldives
- Alcohol cannot be brought into the country. You can, however, buy alcoholic beverages at your private resort.
- If you are staying in local islands it’s important to remember that the major population follows Islam and they have stern rules around the dressing. It’s important you dress modestly
- Always keep in mind the environmental risks and don’t take part in all water sports recklessly. The more we intrude the natural habitat, the faster we are looking at the extinction of coral reefs
- Carry a good quality underwater camera, in case you are planning to snorkel or dive. This will ensure you don’t miss the opportunity to click some amazing views.
Staying at the Maldives in April is a chance one must not miss. The beauty of this experience cannot be described in words. The vacation will be one to remember for life, for you and your family alike. So, don’t have second thoughts. Let’s start your Maldives vacation planning with the experts at Pickyourtrail. Looking for some inspiration? Check out our Maldives packages that are popular among our travellers.